Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Medical Coding Surgical Treatment Coding Errors To Look For

featured image

Q: I work opportunity to code for surgical treatment however I fidget about it due to the fact that my experience in coding has been restricted to pediatrics.
Is there any suggestions or resources you can point me to so that I can as Alicia states, “Increase my knowledge base”?
A: I did have an opportunity to look over the answer sheet just before. What she did is she found an excellent post. I don’t know if that’s very first name, Jitendra, and it seems like somebody who may be in the club. That name sounds really familiar. Anyway, on the response sheet is the link to the site where Alicia got a great deal of this information. Perhaps Boyd could share that in the 3 different audiences– 4 various? We have LinkedIn going, too– to share that with them.
Here was her summary of those notes. One of the problem areas is understanding when to code Open Versus Arthroscopic Procedures. And I understand in mentor coding for many years, this is a huge thing that I stress with the trainees. Look for things like the word “scope” or “portal.” In some cases you’ll see that word “website.” I utilized to believe when I was finding out coding for the very first time that if it was arthroscopic there was no cutting into the body, and that’s not true. They clearly need to make little slits to get the instrumentation in and generally it’s more than one, since you got one of the scope, one for the instrumentation, possibly 2 for the instruments. Those are hints that you wish to search for in the reports. Focus on the treatment heading also to see what was it and then go into the body of the report to see what was in fact done.
The next thing was Coding For Sore Destruction Per Nerve, Not The Level. In some cases coders get puzzled because they’re utilized to coding for aspect joint injections. Well, if it’s a joint, it’s going to be in between those levels.
OK, now the next page. Coding the Number of Lesions Improperly. This one was really fascinating when I read it. This always stymied individuals for many years. And after that I wanted to go refresh myself due to the fact that it’s been a while since I discussed it and make sure there wasn’t any coding changes that I wasn’t knowledgeable about. It’s the same. And I was asking. Boyd, I do not know, were you able to pull up Find-A-Code?
Boyd: Yes.
Coach Laureen: I just wished to use this also as a chance to demonstrate how we are … I’m trying to consider a correct word to utilize. Not partners. We like each other Find-A-Code in CCO! We promote them with our club and they have actually also integrated in … If you might type in that box 1700…
Boyd: You can click therein. I just provided you manage I think.
What I’m doing is I’m looking up that CPT code that Alicia referenced in the document, this 17000 Destruction code. I’m going to click this best arrow here to go to the next code in the variety to17003 If you had 12 sores, you report one of the very first code and 11 of this code.
Click the plus sign beside Coding Tips where it states “7 ideas,” and you’ll see right there it says “CCO– Training Video.” And if you click that plus indication … What the excellent folks at Find-A-Code did is they went and they searched our YouTube channel and if they discovered matches they linked it here and we have take place to have a video.

http://medicalbillingcertificationprograms.org/medical-coding-surgical-treatment-coding-errors-to-look-for/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demystifying Medical Billing and Coding: A Complete Guide to Understanding the Backbone of Healthcare Administration

# Demystifying Medical Billing ⁣and Coding: A Complete Guide to Understanding the⁣ Backbone of Healthcare Administration In the complex wo...