Tuesday, January 26, 2021

HPI for Multiple Chief Complaints|Medical Coding Training

featured image

HPI for Multiple Chief Complaints|Medical Coding Training
http://go.cco.us/certified-physician-practice-manager-course

Q: (HPI for Numerous Chief Problems) “If the patient presents with 3 grievances not chronic health problem and there are 1-3 elements recorded for each complaint that this would support an EPH HPI.”

The question was essentially asking for a reliable source relating to pulling HPI element for numerous chief problems. Not talking about persistent health problems, we’re just talking about patients like me when I go to the medical professional, I like to conserve all of my so that he gets more bang for his dollar, when I go; so he has a lot to select from when I go to the medical professional.

CMS isn’t even going to be the reliable service on this since every provider can set their guidelines that they want to use for determining their HPI.

The concern there was the declaration that stated the coder needs to choose elements in HPI based on one chief problem, whichever chief grievance has the most HPI components which benefit physician the most– I, most likely a lot of other auditors out there do not like that declaration. One, I don’t like blanket declaration and the declaration isn’t entirely right and the statement isn’t completely wrong either.

I believe what I disagree with this is just the wording and I didn’t desire to sit here and go, “Yes, I agree with that,” and then you think that that’s the method it is, it is a blanket statement. Actually, really, I do not like a blanket declaration.

Get More Medical Coding Training, Medical Coding Course, Medical Coding Tips, Medical Coding Accreditation and CEU Credits at https://www.cco.us/cco-monthly-newsletter

http://medicalbillingcertificationprograms.org/hpi-for-multiple-chief-complaintsmedical-coding-training/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Your Career Potential with Our Medical Billing and Coding Resume Sample

**Unlock Your Career Potential with Our ‍Medical Billing and Coding Resume Sample** Are you looking to take your career in medical⁤ billin...